- Why did Cricut change their shop experience?
- What are the new benefits of Shop to me?
- Will there be any impact to subscriptions?
- I clicked “Maybe later” on my free trial of Cricut Access. How can I access that free trial now?
- How do I change my account email address?
- Can I keep my credit cards separate for Design Space purchases and Cricut Shop?
- Why can’t I edit my saved credit card? How can I change my credit card information?
- Why is my old credit card suddenly showing up?
- Why can’t I enter my zip code when purchasing something in Design Space?
- How can I use a credit card without saving its information?
We want to make sure that any time you come to Cricut Shop you can find exactly what you’re looking for in seconds. We hope the new site provides you with a more enjoyable and seamless shopping experience.
The all-new Cricut Shop has amazing new benefits including:
- An easier shopping experience both on mobile and desktop.
- New filtering options so you can narrow down exactly what you want.
- Improved navigation and categorization so you can find the products you want easier and faster.
Your Design Space and Shop accounts are now also merged. This means any credit card you have saved in Cricut Shop will also be saved in Design Space (and the reverse), so you can choose the card you want to use.
- New Subscriber: If you are new to Cricut Access and want to sign up for a free trial, your trial subscription will be available for one month. It requires a credit card upon sign-up in order to activate the trial. After the trial is completed, your account will automatically transfer to the paid subscription type you selected during your trial setup and your new paid subscription will auto-renew monthly. You can cancel your trial or subscription at any time by visiting your account settings or reaching out to Cricut Member Care (help.cricut.com).
- Existing Subscriber: If you already have a Cricut Access subscription, you will no longer have to manually renew your subscription, your subscription will renew on its own monthly. We no longer offer the ability to have a Cricut Access subscription without auto-renew enabled. However, you can cancel your subscription at any time by visiting your account settings or reaching out to Cricut Member Care (help.cricut.com).
If you want to sign-up for your free trial of Cricut Access:
- Go to Design Space, design.cricut.com.
- Once you’re logged in, click on “Cricut Access” from category drop-down (located on the left-hand side navigation of Design Space).
- Follow the directions on the pop-up screen and it will walk you through the process to start your free trial.
- Click “Sign in” to your account with the email address and password associated with your Cricut Account:
- Click on the person icon and then click "My Account":
- Select "Profile" in the My Account Section:
- Click the "Change Email" button and then enter the email address you would like to change it to and then hit save:
If you keep more than one card on file, you’ll be able to choose which card you want to use for your purchase. Payment will automatically default to the last card you used on either site. If you want to make a payment with a different card that is also saved in your account, you’ll need to chose it from the drop down menu.
Your payment profile has been merged between Cricut Shop and Design Space. This means that any card you add or update will be reflected in both Cricut Shop and Design Space. Additionally, any card you remove will be removed in both Cricut Shop and Design Space. Our goal is to make it easier for you to manage your credit cards across multiple platforms.
In order to keep your credit card details secure, you cannot directly update or edit a saved credit card. If you wish to edit a saved card, please delete the existing card and re-add the card with the correct details. This can all be done in your account on Cricut Shop. There are prompts along the way to make this process easy to follow.
We have changed payment processors and in the case that you had an old credit card stored in our previous shop.cricut.com that card could have been transferred. Please delete that card in your account on Cricut Shop. We apologize if it has caused you a problem.
You have to start typing your credit card number and then the zip code field appears. No spaces or clicks are required to proceed from the credit card field to the “MM/YY” or “CVC” fields. To make it easier, this form will automatically show you the next field to fill in. Please see the following example:
- Before (notice no "ZIP" input):
- After (see "ZIP" field appear at the end):
Any card that is used in Design Space will be saved for future use. In Cricut Shop, you can choose to save a card by checking the “Save for Later” box (located underneath credit card input field). You can delete a card at any time in your account on Cricut Shop.