The Attach tool has two functions in Design Space. It helps to hold your cuts in the same position relative to each other on the cutting mat as in the design screen. Also, it helps you to fasten a write or score layer to a cut layer.
In general, projects are cut in paper saver mode, so images are automatically placed on the cutting mat as close together as possible to conserve material. Attaching holds your cuts in position so that images on the cutting mat are positioned exactly as they show up on the canvas.
- Add images and text to the canvas and arrange as desired.
- Select the images you would like to cut in a specific position. You will want to attach by layer or color.
- If using a desktop or laptop computer, click the Attach button in the Layers panel. If using the Design Space mobile app, after selecting all of the images you would like to cut in a specific position by tapping and dragging a selection box around the images, tap on "Actions" at the bottom of the screen. Then tap "Attach".
- You will know that your images are attached because they are now labeled “Attach" or "Attached Set” in the Layers panel. When you are ready to begin the cutting process, click “Make It.”
The images are shown on the mat preview exactly as you have them arranged on your project. Click “Continue” and follow the on screen prompts to cut your project.
- Design your image as desired.
If you will be attaching a write or score line to a multi-layered image, ungroup the multi-layered image first to avoid attaching all the layers together. Text containing a write layer does not need to be ungrouped before attaching.
- Select the draw, write, or score line and the layer you would like it placed on.
- Once images have been selected, click “Attach” on the Layers panel (computer) or under the Actions menu (iOS).
- Your text will be converted to an image and the text or your score line will be placed on the layer it has been attached to.You will know that your images are attached because they will appear as an Attached Set on the layers panel. Click “Make It” to begin the cutting process.
- The writing will appear on your image in the Mat preview screen exactly as you have it arranged on the canvas.