Cricut machines blades need to be changed at different intervals based on the materials you use with your machine. In general, when the cuts are not crisp, then it is time to change the blade. Please follow the steps below to change the blade in your Cricut machine:
Blade housings are not interchangeable between Explore or Maker machines and older Cricut machines. To know more about blades and housings, please visit this help article.
- Remove the blade housing from the Cricut machine.
- Cricut Explore or Maker - Unlock the clamp and remove the blade housing.
- Older Cricut machine - Unscrew the black arm holding the blade housing and remove it.
- Gently push the pin on the top of the housing and carefully pull out the blade from the bottom.
- Remove the protective cover from the new blade.
- Insert the new blade into the housing. The magnet in the housing will hold the new blade in place.
- Replace the blade housing in the machine.
- Cricut Explore or Maker - Insert the blade housing in the clamp and lock it.
- Older Cricut machine - Place the blade housing inside the black arm and tighten the screw.