Cutting Flex Iron-On with a Cricut Machine
- Position top left corner of iron-on, liner side down, in top left corner of Cricut StrongGrip cutting mat. Load mat into machine.
- Select and size images; mirror the images.
NOTE: If you do not mirror the images, they will appear in reverse when ironed on.
- Refer to Flex Iron-on Kiss Cut Guide table below to adjust machine settings. A kiss cut is a cut that only goes through the iron-on and leaves the liner intact.
- Press CUT.
Application is an important step when it comes to extending the life of embellished items.
- Make sure you are following the full application instructions. It is important to pre-heat, heat, and post-heat your images for the recommended amount of time as this will help the iron-on material set into the fibers of the item onto which it is being ironed.
- Be sure you are applying iron-on material to a clean garment or item.
- Pre-wash the item before application. Many companies treat clothes with chemicals that make the colors look more vibrant on display in stores. These chemicals need to be removed before applying iron-on. Avoid using fabric softener when pre-washing materials.
- Pre-washing the item before application will also eliminate any shrinking that may occur.
- Do not layer any iron-on material over glitter iron-on. The material may seem to iron-on fine, but when washed, the material on top of the glitter layer will begin to peel away. However, glitter iron-on may be layered on top of iron-on lite.
To ensure best results, test a piece of Cricut® Flex Iron-on in an inconspicuous part of the item prior to application.
- Wash fabric before applying iron-on.
- Remove unwanted pieces from the iron-on using the weeder tool found in the Cricut Basic Tools Set.
- Set iron heat between RAYON and WOOL with steam setting OFF.
- For 10 to 15 seconds, use iron to preheat the fabric where you will be applying iron-on.
- Position iron-on on fabric (backing will face you). Cover with a lightweight press cloth.
- Press with iron for 60 to 70 seconds, using light pressure when moving the iron and firm pressure when the iron is stationary.
- For 15 to 20 seconds, press tip of iron around edges of iron-on image to secure it.
- Let cool for 5 seconds; peel away backing. If iron-on is not completely fastened, replace press cloth and repeat steps 6 and 7 until properly set.
- To ensure best results, test a piece of iron-on on an inconspicuous part of the item prior to application.
- Wash embellished item inside-out in cold water. Do not use bleach.
- For use with all Cricut machines.
Please review and follow the instructions. Results may vary. Use this product at your own risk.