If your Cricut Gypsy device is not recognized by the Cricut Craft Room software when you attempt to link it to your account, follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue:
- Connect your USB cable to another port on the computer, and ensure that your Cricut Gypsy is powered on and on the main menu/Welcome screen. If this does not help, proceed to step 2.
- Ensure that your system meets the minimum system requirements for running Cricut Craft Room. If your system does not meet these minimum requirements, attempt the linking process on a system that does meet the requirements. If your system does meet the requirements, proceed to step 3.
- Ensure that you are running the latest build of Cricut Craft Room. If your version is not up to date, download and install the latest version here. If you are already running the latest version, proceed to step 4.
- Ensure that your Gypsy firmware is up to date with version 0232. You can check this by tapping the Settings icon (wrench) from the Welcome screen. The firmware version will be displayed in the lower left corner of the settings screen, underneath “Warranty”. The latest firmware version is 0232:0313. If your firmware is not up to date, perform firmware update using Cricut Sync. If your firmware is up to date, proceed to step 5.
- Attempt to connect your Gypsy to Cricut Sync. If it will connect to Cricut Sync, attempt a Forced Firmware Update.
- If none of these troubleshooting steps help, try the linking process on a different computer. If you cannot gain access to another computer, or it still does not work on another computer, contact Customer Care through one of the options below for assistance.