- Which machines can I use with Cricut Design Space™?
- What are the differences between the different Cricut Explore machines?
- Which cutting mats can my machine use?
- Which cartridges can I use with my machine?
Cricut Design Space is compatible with the following machines:
- Cricut Explore
- Cricut Explore Air
- Cricut Explore One
- Cricut Explore Air 2
- Cricut Maker
The Cricut Explore, Explore Air, and Explore Air 2 each have a double tool holder so that you can cut & write (or cut & score) in 1 step. The Explore One has a single tool holder, so it can cut & write (or cut & score) in 2 steps.
The Explore Air and Explore Air 2 have built-in Bluetooth, but for Explore One and Explore, you will need a Cricut Wireless Bluetooth Adapter in order to use it with your iPad/iPhone or to cut wirelessly from your computer.
Click here for more information.
- The Cricut Maker, Cricut Explore machines, Expression 2, and Expression machines can use 12x12 and 12x24 cutting mats.
- The Cricut Imagine machine uses a special 12x12 cutting mat with a border that the machine reads when printing and cutting.
- The Cricut Mini machine uses an 8.5x12 cutting mat.
- The Cricut Personal and Create machines use 6x12 cutting mats.
- The Cricut Cake and Cake Mini use special cutting mats created for use with food products. The Cricut Cake uses a 12x12 Cricut Cake mat, and the Cricut Cake Mini uses a 6x12 Cricut Cake Mini mat.*
*The Cricut Cake and Cricut Cake Mini machines and accessories have been discontinued.
Cricut cartridges come in two physical formats:
- Cricut "legacy" cartridges can be used in all Cricut electronic cutting machines except the Cricut Maker, which does not have a cartridge port.
- Cricut Imagine cartridges can be used in the Cricut Imagine and Cricut Expression 2 machines.
Many Cricut cartridges are available in both physical and digital formats. Digital cartridges activate on your account as soon as your purchase is complete, and are used through Cricut Design Space software.
Please note: if you have Imagine cartridges that you would like to use with your Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore machine, contact Member Care for assistance linking them to your account.