- Does the Cricut Cake machine require a computer?
- What comes in the box with the Cricut Cake machine?
- What is the difference between the Cricut Cake and the Cricut Expression?
No. The Cricut Cake machine is designed to function with the Cricut® cartridges as a standalone machine. If you prefer to design on a computer, the Cricut Cake machine allows you to do so with the free online Cricut Craft Room® design software—just connect and start creating with the Cricut images you own.
- Cricut Cake Machine
- One cartridge: Cake Basics
- One cleaning brush
- One blade basket, used for cleaning the blade
- One 12 x 12 Cricut Cake cutting mat
Cricut Cake has been specifically designed to cut edible material, including gum paste, frosting sheets, and more. As such, it has been designed with parts that are made of food-safe material. In fact, any part of the machine that touches food is made of food-safe material. As a machine meant to handle food, we have enhanced the cutting ability of Cricut Cake to be able to precisely cut and handle food materials.
The parts of the machine that have been modified to work with food materials are:
- Blade Housing
- Seam cover
- Interface cover
- Stainless steel-plated carriage
- Cartridge skirt and port cover