- Does the Cricut Expression 2 machine require a computer?
- What comes in the Cricut Expression 2 machine box?
- Is there a wireless adapter for my Cricut Expression 2 machine?
The Cricut Expression 2 can function as a standalone machine. The LCD touch screen and Cricut® cartridges allow you to create projects without being connected to a computer. A computer is required to update the machine's firmware, however. To update the Expression 2 machine, you will need to connect it to the Cricut Sync software on a desktop or laptop computer.
If you prefer to design on a computer, the Cricut Expression 2 machine allows you to do so with the free online Cricut Craft Room design software—just connect and start creating with the Cricut images you own.
- Cricut Expression 2 machine: 23 in x 9.4 in x 11.3 in; 16.6 pounds
- Comes with two pre-loaded cartridges (Cricut Essentials and Cricut Alphabet) so you have immediate access to 3 fonts, 40 phrases, and 110 layered images (handbooks included)
- Blade and blade housing
- Power cord
- 12 in x 12 in cutting mat
- USB cord
The Cricut Expression 2: Anniversary Edition machine came with two additional cartridges: Just a Note, and Cricut Decals.
At one time, Cricut did manufacture a wireless adapter for the Expression 2 machine so that you could connect it to your computer wirelessly when using the Cricut Craft Room software. However, this item was discontinued due to low demand. Cricut does not currently manufacture a wireless adapter for the Expression 2 machines.
The Wireless Bluetooth adapter that Cricut currently manufactures is configured for the Explore family of machines, and will not fit into the port on the Expression 2 machines.