- What is the difference between the Cricut Basics™ app and the Cricut Design Space™ app?
- Where can I find tutorials for the Cricut Basics™ app?
- Will I have access to my linked cartridges and Cricut Access™ plan in the Cricut Basics™ app?
- Which mobile devices can be used with the Cricut Basics™ app?
- Will I be able use the Cricut Basics™ app without being connected to the Internet?
- Can I complete the new machine setup using the Cricut Basics ™ app?
- Can I purchase images and fonts through the Cricut Basics™ app?
The Cricut Basics™ app is designed with new users in mind, to get you from image selection to cut in the shortest time possible. You don’t have to design a project. You find your image, font, or project, select it, and cut it out. It’s that easy!
The Cricut Design Space™ app contains more advanced features for creating projects and editing images, such as Slice, Weld, Attach, Hide Contour, Print then Cut, Write, Score, Group/Ungroup, alignment tools, and more.
You can access Cricut Basics™ tutorial videos directly through the app! Simply tap on the account menu in the upper left corner of the screen, and select “App Overview” for a list of topics and tutorial videos.
The following devices are compatible with the Cricut Basics™ app:
iOS 7.1.2 or later
iPad 2 or later
iPad mini or later
iPhone 4 or later
- iPod touch 5th generation or later
The Cricut Basics™ app is an online, cloud-based app, which allows for a better user experience. This requires an Internet connection.
Not at this time. The new machine setup for Cricut Explore machines must be done on the Cricut Design Space™ app or through www.cricut.com/setup on your desktop or laptop computer.
Yes. Once you have selected and edited your images or text and are ready to cut, tap the Cricut® symbol in the upper right. You will be prompted to sign into your Apple iTunes account to authorize the purchase.