System fonts are fonts that are installed on your computer or mobile device. Cricut Design Space automatically accesses your system fonts each time you sign in, and allows you to use them in Design Space projects for free.
When downloading fonts to your computer or device, follow the instructions on the font site or app to ensure that the font is successfully installed on your computer or device. Because system fonts are installed on a particular device, the available system fonts may vary between devices.
Select your platform from the links below for step-by-step instructions:
- Select "Text" from the design panel to the left of the canvas.
- The Text Edit bar will appear. You can either type your text first or select a font first.
- Click on the Font drop-down menu. Then select the "System" index. The font list will refresh and display only the fonts installed on that computer.
- Select the desired font. If you have already typed some text on your design screen it will change to reflect your selection. If you have not yet typed text, the text that you proceed to add will appear on the canvas in the selected font.
- Select "Text" at the bottom of the Canvas screen.
The font list will appear.
Select the "System" index. The font list will refresh and display only the fonts installed on that device.
Select the desired font, then type your text. It will render on the Canvas in the selected font.
Select "Text" at the bottom of the screen.
You will be prompted to select your font from a font list that will display all available fonts including those installed on that mobile device. System fonts will be labeled "System."
Scroll or search the list to find a system font to select.
Select the desired font, then type your text. It will appear on the Canvas in the selected font.
Because system fonts are not designed by Cricut, some of them may have design components that are not compatible with Cricut Design Space. This may result in a failure to import into Design Space, or unusual behavior when used in Design Space.