This Design Space for Desktop release (v7.31) contains the following features and fixes.
This exclusive feature for Cricut Access subscribers lets you distort or reshape your text to create one-of-a-kind designs in a click! Select your text, then click Warp from the toolbar (on mobile: Actions > Warp). To preview an effect, click any style icon. Anyone can preview unlimited Warp effects for free. Only making them requires a subscription.
Print Then Cut Improvements
Larger paper sizes
Print Then Cut now supports three additional paper sizes: Legal, Tabloid, and A3 in addition to Letter and A4. Page size can be selected in Settings, and on the mat Prepare screen. The selected page size will also be displayed on the Make screen (which contains an option to Edit material size as needed) and in the print dialog.
Maximize printable area
New corner fiducials (cut sensor markings) allow for more printable area on your selected page size. When you mouse over the mat on the Prepare screen, a dotted red line outlines the printable area on your material. You can reposition your design anywhere within this area.
Although the mat thumbnail on the Make screen displays the fiducials in the extreme corners of the page, when you Send to Printer, the corner fiducials recalculate and adjust close to your design in order to optimize paper usage.
Actual Print Preview
When your Print Then Cut image (or attached set of images) is too large for your paper selection, you can fix it in a click! Look for the warning icon in the Layers panel, then select Auto-Resize Image (or Change Page Size to choose a new material size).
Updates to What’s New screen
From time to time, we’ll wait to activate features until an update is fully rolled out, or we’ll activate it for groups of users in phases to ensure everything goes smoothly. Now, your What’s New screen will contain only information about features that are currently active for you. Once a feature is activated, if you select What’s New in your Design Space menu, information about the new feature will appear. The What’s New screen will also now contain links to the three latest release notes.
You may also notice...
Curve Text update
This update to Curve Text displays an orchid-colored line to show you how the curve is being calculated.
Style adjustments for counts on Profile
We’ve made some small style adjustments for displaying large numbers on Profile for Likes, Followers, and Following.
Fixed field issues
- Like and Share icons don’t work for Offline projects
- Non-working bookmark icon is present on Saved for Offline images
- Endless spinner after adding to a Collection in Offline mode
- Project tile is not removed from My Projects when user un-checks “Saved for Offline” checkbox for a project in Offline mode
- User cannot re-save the project after removing project photo since “Save” button is not active
- “Begin” button moves up and down after clicking outside the lesson pop-up
- HEIC Image upload not working
- Infinite scroll broken for CAP Profile images
- Unable to add image to Collection
- Cannot open Access modal in image upload flow
- Print Then Cut cuts are off but calibration is perfect, image is resized from Canvas
- Bounding Box doesn’t fit flattened rotated text group
- New Canvas acts strangely on adding a template
- Changing the width of score line causes strange behavior in Canvas
- User cannot close “Get your Free Gifts” modal
- Selected machine is not displayed as selected in Machine mode drop down