Smart Materials for Cricut Explore 3 and Cricut Maker 3 allow you to cut a single shape or repeated cuts up to 11.7 in (29.7 cm) wide and 12 ft (3.6 m)* long without a machine mat! Follow the steps below to load and unload Smart Materials.
*Smart Iron-On - 11.7 in x 4 ft (29.7 cm x 1.2 m) | Smart Vinyl - 11.7 in x 12 ft (29.7 cm x 3.6 m) | Smart Paper - 11.7 in x 11.2 in (29.7 cm x 28.4 cm)
- When your project design is complete, select Make It.
- Select what you'll be loading into your machine from the Type drop-down. Design Space will tell you how much material you need. Then select Continue.
Note: Cricut Explore 3 and Cricut Maker 3 allow some space above and below your design for the for the rollers to grip and load your material, for sensors to sense that enough material is loaded, and to feed materials back and forth through the machine. To ensure you have enough Smart Materials for your design, wait to trim them until after the cut is complete.
- Select your Cricut machine from the Connect machine drop-down.
- Select the right setting for your material. Select Browse All Materials to search or browse through all compatible materials.
- When material is selected, the light on top of the machine will blink, indicating it’s ready to load your material.
- Align material against left material guide on the machine, then slide it under the mat guides and up against the machine rollers.
- For best results, make sure your material has a straight edge.
- Press the load button. The machine measures your material to ensure there’s enough for your project.
- If your material loaded crookedly it will try to realign the material as it measures.
- Smart Materials may bow up in the middle when loading. If your material isn’t lying flat by the end of the measuring process, press the unload button, realign your material with the left material guide and under the mat guides, and reload
- Press the Go button and watch the magic happen!
- When your cut is complete, press the unload button.