Select a link below for information on how to set up your Cricut Venture machine.
- Cricut Learn video tutorial: Set up Cricut Venture
- Preparing your space
- Setting up the machine with your computer and Design Space
Preparing your space
- Consider both horizontal and vertical clearance as you’re planning your workspace. While Cricut Venture itself is 34.8 in wide x 10.4 in tall x 8.8 in deep (88.3 cm x 26.4 cm x 22.4 cm), additional clearance around the machine is required, especially when using a mat. Refer to the diagram below for help understanding the amount of space needed for Cricut Venture:
- Cricut Venture weights 33.9 lbs (15.4 kg). For proper functioning, it must be positioned so that the front edge of the machine sits flush with the edge of your worktable or stand. If not using Docking Stand for Cricut Venture, place Cricut Venture on a sturdy, secure, and non-slick surface. Do not place Cricut Venture on top of a tablecloth or other material; it should be placed directly on your non-slick work surface.
Setting up the machine with your computer and Design Space
- Plug in the machine and power it on.
- Connect the machine to your computer with the USB cord or pair it via Bluetooth.
- Go to cricut.com/setup in your browser.
- Download and install Design Space for Desktop (help article).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to sign in or create your Cricut ID, and set up your new machine.
- You will know the setup is complete when you are prompted to do a test cut.
Tip: Your machine is registered and activated during machine setup. If you did not complete setup when you connected your machine to your computer for the first time, re-connect your machine, go to cricut.com/setup or select New Product Setup through the Design Space menu and follow the on-screen prompts.