This Design Space for Desktop release (v8.10) contains the following updates and fixes.
Cricut Venture Machine Care – Drive Roller Cleaning Flow
This new machine care flow for Cricut Venture machine guides users through cleaning the drive rollers on the machine. Design Space will prompt you automatically to complete this cleaning after a specified number of hours of use. Simply follow the step-by-step instructions to complete this cleaning.
You can also access and perform these steps outside of the automated prompts, before the cleaning is due. Here’s how:
- Ensure your machine selection is set to Venture.
- Open the Design Space menu in the upper right and select Settings > Machines. In the Machine Care section, select Venture from the drop down, then click Start.
- Ensure your Cricut Venture machine is powered on and connected to the computer. Select a cleaning option (Clean Drive Rollers) and follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: Cricut Venture machines are available for purchase on Cricut.com only, in the US, Canada, the UK, France, Germany, and Ireland.
Get Started page updates
This update gives Cricut Explore Air 2 users access to the Get Started page, with content specific to that model.
Note: Get Started page is available only when the Design Space language is set to "English". Language settings can be accessed by selecting the Design Space menu in the top right, then General > Language.
Machine Activation reminder
Design Space will now provide an early reminder to activate your machine before you can make a project. When creating a new account or when signing in to an existing account that has no registered machines, we'll automatically navigate to the New Product Setup and prompt you to activate your machine. Additionally, the reminder will appear on Canvas when you proceed to Make if there's not a registered machine on that account matching the model that is selected on the Canvas.
Fixed field issues
- Rotary Blade – tails on curves/circles
- Save Mat layout broken on Desktop
- Opening project in second window causes crash
- Changing default height does not show in Design Space
- Project Recommendations are not in the correct order