This Design Space for Desktop release (v8.14) contains the following updates and fixes.
Get Started page updates
Step-by-step lessons and on-demand courses on the Get Started page will now display an estimated time for completing the lesson.
Additionally, lessons that have been completed will now display a “done” indicator.
Note: Get Started page is available only when the Design Space language is set to “English.” Language settings can be accessed by selecting the Design Space menu in the top right, then General > Language.
Design Space update notifications
This update improves how we alert users to available Design Space updates. You’ll now get a notification when an update is ready to be installed. Clicking the notification presents you with the option to install now or wait until the next launch. You’ll also receive a notification when Design Space has been updated. Clicking on this notification will open the What’s New modal of details about the release.
Notification of available update
Install now or on next launch
Notification that Design Space has updated to latest version
Note: Critical updates will continue to require immediate installation.
Project Save reminder
In an effort to remind users to save their projects, we’ll show this reminder to save project when one clicks “Make” from an unsaved Canvas.
Fixed field issues
- Projects won’t open on Canvas
- No cut progress displayed on a recut
- Console error when app is opened
- Deep link for Settings redirects to Home tab but Settings displayed in Canvas tab
- Objects jump on Canvas when Combine group layer selected on Layers panel
- Saving for offline translated text and radio buttons are not aligned for Cestina Language
- Prompt to save project not displayed on changing country from Settings
- Sometimes switching environment (“app experience”) puts you back in the same parent environment
- User redirected to empty Canvas page on Canvas tab after running the app in Offline mode with cached login