Working with large iron-on designs is a breeze with Cricut EasyPress!
How do I apply my large iron-on design?
- Plug in and power on your Cricut EasyPress.
- Set the Cricut EasyPress temperature and timer to the setting that is recommended for your base material. View this Interactive Quick Reference Guide to find the best settings for your project.
- Preheat your base material with Cricut EasyPress for 5-10 seconds.
Tip: Fold your base material in half. Using Cricut EasyPress, gently crease your fabric center width-wise and length-wise to create an easy visual placement guide.
- Place your iron-on design on the base material.
- Plan your approach: visually divide the image into smaller sections that Cricut EasyPress can cover (it is okay if Cricut EasyPress overlaps previously ironed-on sections).
- Cover with Cricut EasyPress. Press the green Cricut Go button, and apply recommended pressure until the timer beeps.
- Move Cricut EasyPress to a new section and repeat step 6 until the heat has been applied to the entire design.
- Flip the base material over and apply heat to the backside of the design for 10-15 seconds, also on each area of the design.
Things to remember
- When aligning adjacent sections of a large design, such as the geometric design pictured above, allow some of the liner to extend overexposed sections to avoid getting an imprint of the liner in the iron-on film that is being applied.
- When you have peeled the liner off a section, use that liner to protect other sections as you continue to apply your design.
- When working with a base material that has seams, use a surface that will allow you to position those seams over an edge so that the application area is completely flat. This way, Cricut EasyPress can achieve the best seal for even heating.