If your Cricut Personal Cutter, Create, Cake, Cake Mini, or Expression machine says, "Characters won't fit," follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue.
- Determine how many images are being added to the queue.
- The image queue has limited memory and can only remember so many images. When you reach the maximum number of images for the memory, you will get an error message that says “Characters won’t fit.” Simply remove images from the queue until the message disappears. If this does not resolve the issue, proceed to 2.
- Determine the size of the image to be cut. Not all images can be cut at all size options for each machine. This is due to the way images are proportioned and placed on the mat by the machine: the size dial sets the height, but the image is placed width-wise on the mat, so that the top of the image is at the right of the mat, and the bottom of the image is at the left of the mat. Therefore some images, at the largest size, are too tall to fit on the mat left to right.
- Try using the paper saver feature to help images fit better on the mat, or decrease the image size until it does fit on the mat. If this does not resolve the issue, proceed to 3.
- If you have another Cricut machine that can be used standalone, attempt to duplicate the issue by cutting the same image at the same size on the same type of machine. If the image will not cut on that machine either, and gives you the same error message, then the image is just too large for the machine/mat. If you do not have another Cricut machine on which to try this, contact Member Care through one of the options below; they can attempt the cut and help diagnose the issue. If the cut on a different machine is successful, proceed to 4.
- Perform a Hard Reset on the machine.
- If this does not help, please contact Member Care through one of the options below for further assistance.