If the carriage of your Cricut Personal Cutter, Create, Cake, Cake Mini, or Expression machine does not move along the track during cutting, follow the troubleshooting steps below.
- With the Cricut powered on, can you easily pull the carriage car left and right along the track? If the carriage car cannot be pulled along the track or won’t move at all, please contact Member Care through one of the options below for further assistance. If you can move the carriage car along the track, proceed to 2.
- Perform a visual inspection of the roller bars, carriage car, and belt to determine if physical damage could be causing the carriage car to not move.
- Is the carriage car on the track and straight?
- Is the belt loose or broken?
- If the carriage car or the belt/track are crooked, loose or broken, take a photo of the issue and contact Member Care through one of the options below for further assistance.
- If the machine does not appear to be damaged in any way, but the carriage car will not move, please contact Member Care through one of the options below for further assistance.