If your Cricut Personal Cutter, Create, Cake, Cake Mini, or Expression machine freezes when you load or unload the mat, follow the recommended troubleshooting steps below.
- Give the Cricut a break. Turn the Cricut off and allow it to rest for about 10 minutes each hour.
- Make sure you are not "hot-swapping" cartridges. "Hot-swapping" is switching cartridges while the Cricut is powered On.
- If freezing during loading only:
- Ensure a cartridge is loaded in the machine.
- Press the Unload Mat button and then press the Load Mat button again.
- Press the Reset All button to clear all commands and then press the Load Mat button again
- Try using a different cartridge. If the Cricut no longer freezes while loading/unloading the mat with a different cartridge, please contact Member Care through one of the options below for further assistance.
- Perform a Hard Reset on the machine.
- If the Cricut continues to freeze, please contact Member Care through one of the options below for further assistance.