If your Cricut Personal Cutter, Create, Cake, Cake Mini, or Expression machine freezes when you try to add images to the image queue, follow the troubleshooting steps below.
- Give the Cricut a break; turn the Cricut off and allow it to rest for about 10 minutes each hour.
- Ensure that you are entering characters in the correct order and waiting for the image to appear on the screen before entering the next character.
Tip: Remember to select grey feature keys before selecting white image keys.
- Determine how many images are being added to the queue.
- The image queue has limited memory and can only remember so many images. When you reach the maximum number of images for the memory, you will get an error message that says “Characters won’t fit.” Simply remove images from the queue until the message disappears. If this does not resolve the issue, proceed to 5.
- Try using a different cartridge. If the Cricut no longer freezes while adding images with a different cartridge, contact Member Care via phone or online chat for assistance. If the issue persists with other cartridges, proceed to 6.
- Perform a Hard Reset on the machine.
- If the Cricut continues to freeze, please contact Member Care via phone or online chat for further assistance.