If there are problems with the buttons on your Cricut machine's keypad, select the error from the links below and follow the recommended troubleshooting steps.
Applies to: Cricut Personal, Cricut Create, Cricut Cake, Cricut Cake Mini, Cricut Expression
- The buttons on my keypad do not respond when selected
- Some of the lights on my keypad are lit up, but none of the buttons will respond
- Ensure that a cartridge is loaded into the machine and that the machine has recognized that a cartridge is loaded (the name of the cartridge will appear on the screen), as some buttons are not activated unless a cartridge has been loaded into the machine. If there is already a cartridge in the machine and it is being recognized by the machine, proceed to 2.
- Ensure that the cutting mat has been loaded into the machine. Some buttons are not activated unless a mat is loaded into the machine.
- Try using a different cartridge. If the keypad buttons respond with a different cartridge, contact Member Care through one of the options below for further assistance. If the button still does not respond with other cartridges, proceed to 4.
- Perform a Hard Reset on the machine.
- If the keypad buttons still don’t respond, please contact Member Care through one of the options below for further assistance.
- When the Power button, Cut button, and buttons on the left of the keypad are lit up, this means that the Cricut may be in Firmware Mode (for the Personal/V1, just the power button and cut button).
- Please contact Member Care through one of the options below for further assistance.