The Edit bar in Cricut Design Space gives you access to features such as Size, Rotate, Mirror, Position, etc. for editing images and text. For text layers, it gives additional options like line & character spacing, font style, etc.
Undo/Redo - Undo previously performed actions or Redo actions which have been undone.
Select All/Deselect – Select or deselect all items on the Canvas simultaneously.
Edit - Use this drop-down to find common edit tools: Cut, Copy, and Paste.
- Cut - Remove an image from the Canvas and copy it to your clipboard so you can paste it at a later time.
- Copy – Copy an image to the clipboard to paste at a later time.
- Paste – Paste a copied or cut object from the clipboard onto the Canvas.
Align - Define the margin that aligns two or more objects. You can have your objects line up to the left, right, top, or bottom, or have horizontal or vertical centers. You can also distribute your objects evenly vertically or horizontally.
- Align Left - Define the left margin of two or more objects. The margin will take on the left-most edge of your left-most object.
- Center Horizontally - Define the horizontal center point of two or more objects. The central point will take on the exact horizontal center of all selected objects.
- Align Right - Define the right margin of two or more objects. The margin will take on the right-most edge of your right-most object.
- Align Top - Define the top margin of two or more objects. The margin will take on the top-most edge of your top-most object.
- Center Vertically - Define the vertical center point of two or more objects. The central point will take on the exact vertical center of all selected objects.
- Align Bottom - Define the bottom margin of two or more objects. The margin will take on the bottom-most edge of your bottom-most object.
- Center - Move all selected images so that the center points line up. Images will be stacked on top of each other.
- Distribute Horizontally - Moves selected images so they are spaced evenly between the left and right edges of your selection.
- Distribute Vertically - Moves selected images so they are spaced evenly between the top and bottom edges of your selection.
Arrange - Change the order in which objects appear on the Canvas, including Move to Back, Move Backward, Move to Front, and Move Forward. Changes will be reflected in the Layers Panel.
- Send to Back - Send the selected object to the back of the stacking order. This will make the object appear at the bottom of the Layers Panel.
- Move Backward - Move the selected object one layer backward in stacking order. This will make the object appear one layer lower on the Layers Panel.
- Move Forward - Move the selected object one layer forward in stacking order. This will make the object appear one layer higher in the Layers Panel.
- Send to Front - Bring the selected object to the front of the stacking order. This will make the object appear at the top of the Layers Panel.
Tip: The Arrange, Align, and Distribute functions are available under the Edit menu in the Design Space iOS and Android Apps. There is no button for "Select All" in these Apps; simply tap and drag your finger on the screen to select all of the items.
Flip - Flip an object horizontally or vertically.
- Flip Horizontal - Flip an object horizontally at the center of the object.
- Flip Vertical - Flip an object vertically at the center of the object.
Size - Adjust the width or height of an object by typing in an exact value or use the stepper to adjust the size by 0.1 at a time.
Note: Adjusting the size of the width or height will proportionally adjust the other variable if the size is locked. Simply click the Lock icon to unlock the image aspect ratio. Then you can freely adjust the width or height independently.
Rotate - Adjust the angle of your object by typing in an exact degree or use the stepper to adjust the angle by 1 degree at a time.
More – Some screen resolutions will be too narrow for all tools to show on the Edit bar. If this is the case, a “More” drop-down will appear.
Position - Adjust the position of your object by typing in an exact distance from the top left corner of the Canvas or use the stepper to adjust the distance by 0.1 at a time.
The Text Edit Bar will appear as soon as you choose to insert text from the design panel, any time you select a text object on the Canvas or select a text layer in the Layers Panel. The Text Edit Bar will appear directly below the standard Edit Bar and will be hidden when you are not interacting with text.
Font - Displays a preview of Cricut fonts and system fonts from your computer.
Font Drop-Down - In addition to showing all the fonts available based on your criteria, you can choose to view only Cricut fonts, only system fonts (fonts installed on your computer), or all fonts at once. You can also search fonts and apply font filters. Simply scroll through the font list and select the font you want to be applied to your text.
Font Filter - Filter the fonts by category to change which fonts appear in the Font Type menu.
- All Fonts - Display all fonts available for use.
- System Fonts – Display fonts found on your computer.
- Cricut® Fonts – Display fonts from the Cricut library.
- Single-Layer Fonts – Display fonts that contain only one layer.
- Writing Style Fonts – Display fonts specifically designed to be written with a pen. While most fonts will trace the outside of the letters, writing style fonts feature letters with single strokes to make them similar to handwritten text.
Style - Choose a font style such as regular, bold, italic, bold italic and, when available, writing style. System font styles may differ from Cricut font styles.
Font Size - Change the size of the font by setting the point size. You can type in a value or use the steppers to change the font size by 1 point.
Letter Space - Change the space between letters in your block of text. You can type in a value or simply use the steppers to change by 0.1.
Line Space - Change the space between each row of text. You can type in a value or simply use the steppers to change by 0.1.
Alignment - Change the alignment of your entire block of text to use left, right, centered, or full justification.
- Align Left - Align text along the left side of the text box.
- Align Center - Align text in the center of the text box.
- Align Right - Align text along the right side of the text box.
Curve – Use the Curve tool to easily bend your text into a circular shape (Learn More).
Advanced - With Advanced tools you can create individual groupings of text from your text block. They include groupings of individual letters, groupings of lines of text, and groupings of layers of text.
- Ungroup to Letters - Ungroup letters in a text box so that each letter is grouped with its own layers. It now shows up in the Layers Panel as an image. You can now move and resize each letter independently, keeping each letter’s layers grouped together.
- Ungroup to Lines - Ungroup rows of text in a text box so that each line is grouped with its own layers. It now shows up in the Layers Panel as an image. You can now move and resize each line independently, keeping each line’s layers grouped together.
- Ungroup to Layers - Ungroup multilayered text so that each layer group shows in the Layers Panel as an image. Letters will remain grouped together, allowing you to edit each layer independently. Text will be converted to an image.
Tip: To know more about using fonts in Design Space, please visit this help article.
Tip: The icons are consistent across the Windows, Mac, Android and iOS versions of Design Space for easier understanding.