Add pattern fills to any of your text or image layers for Print then Cut. You will find hundreds of patterns in the Cricut Design Space pattern library, or you can upload your own.
Note: Patterns are available only in the Windows and Mac version of Design Space. Patterns are not available in Design Space mobile apps at this time.
- Select the image layer you would like to work with either on the Canvas or in the Layers panel.
- If the layer is not set to Print then Cut, select the Operation dropdown in the top toolbar and change it to a Print then Cut item.
- Select the color swatch and choose Pattern from the Print type drop-down. This will open the Patterns view where all available patterns are displayed, including Cricut patterns and any patterns you have uploaded.
- Scroll through the patterns or use the Filter option at the bottom of the panel to narrow your search for the pattern fill you want.
- Select a pattern thumbnail to apply the pattern fill to your layer. Any time you select a new pattern, the pattern will be applied to your layer on the Canvas.
- Select Edit Pattern at the bottom of the panel to edit the scale, position, and rotation of the pattern. When your edits are complete, click the X in the upper right corner of the Edit Pattern window to close it.
- You can return your layer to a cut-only layer by changing your Operation type from Print then Cut to Basic cut.
Tip: To know more about uploading patterns into Design Space, visit this help article.