For certain errors with the Expression 2, Gypsy, or Imagine machines, a Forced Firmware Update may be needed to resolve the issue. You can perform a Forced Firmware Update on your Expression 2, Gypsy, or Imagine by following the steps below.
- Download and install the latest Cricut Sync software.
- Connect the machine to the computer and open Cricut Sync.
- When given the option, select Don’t Update Now.
- Select the green Troubleshoot button, answer the questions: Y, N, Y, Y.
- The troubleshooting assistant should complete a Forced Firmware Update.
Note: This process can take 20-30 minutes based on your current firmware version. Please ensure that the USB cable is tight, and your computer does not enter into sleep mode.