Note: This article is applicable to Cricut Maker series and Cricut Explore series machines. The Cricut Joy power cord has a white status light. For information on Cricut Joy power light states, reference this article.
- If the machine has no power, or only intermittent power, first ensure that the power adapter’s cord is secure in the power port on the machine, and that the wall plug cord is secure in the power adapter and wall outlet.
- It is possible for the machine mat or material to unplug the power cord and/or USB cable from the machine as it is moving through the machine if these cords are left in the path of the mat/material. To avoid this, position your power and USB cables away from the path of the material or mat exiting the back of your machine.
- If the power adapter and cord are securely inserted at all points, proceed to step 2.
- Ensure you are using the Cricut power adapter and cord that came with your machine. Check that the light on the power adapter is lit up.
- The light on Cricut Explore 3 and Cricut Maker 3 power adapters is white; for all others it is green.
- If your power adapter or cord is damaged or lost, contact Member Care for assistance. If you are already using the Cricut power adapter or cord certified for your machine, proceed to step 4.
- Plug the power cord into a different wall outlet (for best results plug directly into a wall outlet rather than into a power strip or surge protector). If this does not help, proceed to step 5.
- To rule out an issue with your power cord, try a replacement power adapter and cord from Cricut.
Note: The power adapter that came with your Cricut Explore 3 or Cricut Maker 3 machines is specially rated for its respective machine. For safety reasons, only use Cricut brand power cords and adapters that have been certified for your machine.
- If the power issue persists after completing these steps, contact Member Care for assistance.
Important: It is important to use the power adapter that came with your machine. Cricut Maker power adapters have extra output to support the USB charging port and higher cutting force. Using a Cricut Explore or legacy Cricut machine power adapter with your Cricut Maker machine can cause issues. Legacy Cricut power adapters will not work with Cricut Explore 3 and Cricut Maker 3.