Cutting Washi Sheets with a Cricut Machine
- Place washi sheet (liner side down) onto Cricut cutting mat.
- Select and size images, and load the mat into the machine.
- Refer to Washi Sheet Kiss Cut Guide table below to adjust machine settings. A kiss cut is a cut that only goes through the washi sheet, and leaves the liner intact.
- Press CUT.
- Remove the negative pieces from each of the images using the weeder tool found in the Cricut Tools Basic Set.
- Gently remove washi material from the liner by hand or with transfer tape and apply to project. Washi material is delicate, so use care when removing from the liner.
- Burnish (rub or polish) the washi material using a craft stick or the scraper found in the Cricut Tool Kit to remove air bubbles and seal it to the project.
Washi Sheets Kiss Cut Guide
|Machine||Blade Depth||Pressure||Speed||Multi-Cut||Blade Assembly|
|Cricut Expression 2||4||3||High||1||Fine Point|
|Cricut Imagine||3||3||High||1||Fine Point|
|Cricut Explore||Turn the Smart Set Dial to "Custom" and select "Washi Sheet" from the list of custom materials.||Premium Fine Point|
|Cricut Maker||Select "Browse all materials," then select "Washi Sheet".||Premium Fine Point|
Important: Results may vary. Always do a test cut to verify settings.