Materials cut with Knife Blade will generate more dust or debris that will likely stick to the adhesive on your cutting mat. To help prolong the life of your StrongGrip mat, clean it as follows:
- Remove large debris with tweezers
- Avoid scraping the mat. Scraping will push material debris deeper into the adhesive.
- Wash the mat as follows:
- Keep the mat flat supported by a firm surface, and place in the sink.
- Run lukewarm water over the mat. Use a plastic, hard-bristled brush to gently scrub in a circular motion until the entire surface of the mat had been cleaned.
- Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Let mat air dry completely for stickiness to return.
Tip: We recommend cleaning after two to four Knife Blade cuts, especially when cutting materials that leave high amounts of debris. Life of mats will vary based on materials cut, and how often mats are cleaned.