What are the tips for successful transfers with Cricut EasyPress?
For perfect transfers that last, three things are key:
- A firm, even surface
- Ironing boards and plastic tables have some give in them which does not provide the firm, even surface needed for successful transfers.
- Use the recommended settings in this online Heat Guide or the Cricut Heat app (for Cricut EasyPress 3) for the iron-on and base material you're using.
- Apply heat to both the front AND back of the design for the recommended amount of time.
How do I register Cricut EasyPress 2 or Cricut EasyPress 3? Why should I register it?
Where can I find recommended time and temperature settings for my projects with Cricut EasyPress?
What can I use to protect my surface (table, cutting board, etc.) from Cricut EasyPress?
What is the heat plate made of? How do I clean it?
The heat plate is composed of aluminum with a ceramic non-stick coating. To clean the heat plate, you can use commercially available iron cleaner.
In case you accidentally adhere iron-on film to the plate, get a thick rag and wipe it off quickly while it's still warm. Be sure not to touch the heat plate; it's hot!
Does sublimation work with EasyPress 2 and EasyPress 3?
Do Cricut EasyPress machines have dual voltage?
Doesn’t iron-on (HTV) need a lot of pressure?
How hard do I have to press?
Some applications call for "gentle" pressure, and some call for "firm" pressure.
- Firm pressure means press down with two hands and 15-20 lbs. of body weight.
- Gentle pressure means one hand with 5-10 lbs. of body weight.
In all cases, a waist-high table is recommended for ease in applying the recommended pressure.
Do I need to put the heat on the back of the project as well?
Does the Cricut EasyPress need to be pressed in one spot or do I move it around (like an iron)?
How do I know what temperature to set my Cricut EasyPress to?
What are the dimensions, weight, and wattage of Cricut EasyPress?
|EasyPress||9 in x 9 in (22.5 cm x 22.5 cm)||5 lbs (2.3 kg)||
|EasyPress 2: 6x7||6 in x7 in (15 cm x 17.5 cm)||3.3 lbs (1.5 kg)||1150 watts|
|EasyPress 2: 9x9||9 in x 9 in (22.5 cm x 22.5 cm)||5.73 lbs (2.6 kg)||1150 watts|
|EasyPress 2: 12x10||12 in x 10in (30 cm x 25 cm)||8.6 lbs (3.9 kg)||1350 watts|
|EasyPress 3: 9x9||9 in x 9 in (22.5 cm x 22.5 cm)||5.5 lbs (2.49 kg)||1100-1200 watts|
|EasyPress 3: 12x10||12 in x 10 in (30 cm x 25 cm)||8.6 lbs (3.9 kg)||1250-1400 watts|