Cutting Chalkboard Vinyl with a Cricut Machine
- Place vinyl (liner side down) onto Cricut cutting mat.
- Select images and size and load the mat into the machine.
- Refer to Vinyl Kiss Cut guide table below to adjust machine settings.
- Press CUT.
Preparation with Cricut Transfer Tape
- Remove the negative pieces from each of the images using the hook found in the Cricut Tool Kit, leaving the liner intact. This process is known as weeding.
- Remove the liner from the transfer tape liner. Take the transfer tape in each hand with the adhesive side facing down.
- Gently place the transfer tape over the images. To prevent bubbles, start in the center and move out toward the edges. Use a craft stick or Scraper found in the Cricut Tool Kit to burnish (rub or polish) the tape onto the vinyl.
- Peel the vinyl away from the vinyl liner at a 45-degree angle. If the vinyl does not separate from the liner, simply burnish the transfer tape onto the vinyl again and then continue to peel the vinyl away from the liner.
- Make sure your project surface is clean and dry. Carefully place the transfer tape with vinyl images onto your surface, making sure the images are straight.
- Starting in the center and moving out toward the edges, burnish transfer tape onto the surface. Use a craft stick or Cricut Scraper.
- Peel the transfer tape away from the vinyl at a 45-degree angle. If the vinyl sticks to the transfer tape, simply burnish the vinyl onto the surface again. Then continue to peel the transfer tape away from the vinyl.
Tip: If you choose to cut through both the vinyl and the liner, you can peel away the liner from the vinyl and apply the vinyl to the surface by hand.
Chalkboard Vinyl Kiss Cut Guide
|Cricut Expression 2
|Turn the Smart Set Dial to “Custom”. Select "Browse all materials," then select "Chalkboard Vinyl".
|Premium Fine Point
|Select "Browse all materials," then select "Chalkboard Vinyl ".
|Premium Fine Point
Important: Results may vary. Always do a test cut to verify settings.