Over time, and with use, your machine may collect dust or paper particles, or you may see some of the greases from the machine begin to build upon the carriage track. Cleaning it is easy!
Consider the following tips when cleaning your Explore machine:
- Always disconnect the machine from power before cleaning it.
- The machine itself can be cleaned using glass cleaner sprayed on a soft clean cloth.
- If you observe static electricity build up causing dust or paper particles to accumulate, you can simply wipe that away with a clean soft cloth.
- If you see a buildup of grease on the bar across which the carriage travels, you can use a cotton swab, tissue, or a soft cloth and gently remove it.
Important: Never use any kind of acetone, such as nail polish remover, as that will permanently damage the plastic surfaces of the machine.
Grease Application Instructions
- Turn off the Cricut Explore machine.
- Move the Cut Smart carriage by pushing it slowly to the left.
- Clean the Cut Smart carriage bar with a tissue, wiping around the entire bar (the carriage bar is the one the Cut Smart carriage slides on, just in front of the belt).
- Move the Cut Smart carriage by pushing it slowly to the right.
- Repeat the process of cleaning the Cut Smart carriage bar with a tissue, wiping around the entire bar.
- Slowly move the Cut Smart carriage to the center of the machine.
- Open the lubrication packet and squeeze a small amount of grease onto the end of the cotton swab.
- On both sides of the Cut Smart carriage, apply a light coating of grease around the bar to form a ¼" ring on each side of the carriage.
- Slowly move the Cut Smart carriage all the way to the left and then all the way to the right to distribute the grease evenly along the entire bar.
- Wipe off any grease buildup at the ends of the bar.
Note: If your Explore machine is making a grinding noise, you can request a Grease Packet to be sent (US/Canada only) by contacting our Member Care team through one of the options below. We do not recommend using any other 3rd party grease products.
Important: Keep out of the reach of children. This product may irritate the skin or eyes. In the event of contact with skin or eyes, immediately rinse thoroughly with water and seek medical care if necessary. Wash hands thoroughly after handling.