Cricut Explore and Cricut Maker machine USB drivers are automatically installed when the machine is plugged into the USB port of your computer or when installing the Design Space plugin. If Design Space is unable to detect your Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker machine, you can complete or verify the installation of USB drivers with the following the steps.
Note: This is applicable only for Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7 & above). Design Space is not supported on Windows XP & Vista operating systems.
Step 1 – Open “Device Manager” on your computer
- Ensure that you have administrator privileges on your computer.
- Windows 7 - Click on the Start icon, right-click on Computer, then and select Manage.
- Windows 8 and above – Right-click on the Start icon and select Computer Management.
Step 2 – Locating the machine in Device Manager
Once you are in Computer Management, select Device Manager from the left-hand column, and locate your Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker machine. It should be under Ports, but could also show up under Other Devices or Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
Step 3 – Updating the Drivers manually
- Right click on the machine, and select the option to Update Driver Software.
- When prompted, select the option to Browse My Computer for Driver Software.
- In the Search for driver software in this location box, type in %APPDATA% - then select Browse.
- You will then have the option to Browser for Folder – locate AppData and expand that folder to AppData > Roaming > CricutDesignSpace > DRIVERS > Explore (this might slightly vary based on your operating system and computer settings). Then click OK.
- Once the correct file path has been selected, click Next to install the machine driver software.
Step 4 – Rebooting the computer
It may be necessary to reboot the computer to ensure the drivers have properly updated. Once the computer is rebooted, open Design Space and try to cut a sample project to ensure that the Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker machine is detected properly in the Design Space software.
Note: Design Space works only with Cricut Explore and Cricut Maker machines. Other Cricut machines are not compatible with Design Space.