Cricut Explore and Cricut Maker machine USB drivers are automatically installed when the machine is plugged into the USB port of your computer or when installing Design Space. If Design Space is unable to detect your Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker machine, you can complete or verify the installation of USB drivers with the following the steps.
Note: This is applicable only for Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7 & above). Design Space is not supported on Windows XP & Vista operating systems.
Step 1 – Download and extract driver file
- Click here to download the Cricut Drivers .zip file.
- Locate the .zip file in your Downloads folder.
- Right-click on the file and choose Extract All.
- Select Browse to choose a location on your computer to extract it to. Make note of this location as you will need it for Step 4. Then select Extract.
Step 2 – Open “Device Manager” on your computer
- Ensure that you have administrator privileges on your computer.
- Windows 7 - Click on the Start icon, right-click on Computer, then and select Manage.
- Windows 8 and above – Right-click on the Start icon and select Computer Management.
Step 3 – Locating the machine in Device Manager
Once you are in Computer Management, select Device Manager from the left-hand column, and locate your Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker machine. It should be under Ports, but could also show up under Other Devices or Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
Step 4 – Updating the Drivers manually
- Right click on the machine, and select the option to Update Driver Software.
- When prompted, select the option to Browse My Computer for Driver Software.
- In the Search field type in the name of the location where you saved the extracted file, then select Browse. You can also simply select Browse and navigate to the location where you saved the extracted file.
- You will then have the option to Browse for Folder. Expand the folder to which you extracted the driver file. Locate and select the folder entitled Drivers. Then click OK.
- Once the correct file path has been selected, click Next to install the machine driver software.
Step 5 – Rebooting the computer
It may be necessary to reboot the computer to ensure the drivers have properly updated. Once the computer is rebooted, open Design Space and try to cut a sample project to ensure that the Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker machine is detected properly in the Design Space software.
Note: Design Space works only with Cricut Explore, Cricut Maker, and Cricut Joy machines. Other Cricut machines are not compatible with Design Space.