If your Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker machine is not cutting all the way through your material or is only scoring the material, this issue can usually be resolved with some basic troubleshooting. Please check the following:
- Make sure the material setting you have selected in Design Space or on your Smart Set Dial matches the material on your machine mat. For Cricut Explore models, if you have set the dial to Custom, ensure that you have selected the appropriate material from the Custom Materials list.
- Open Clamp B and remove the blade housing from your machine. Ensure that you are using a Cricut brand blade. Then inspect the blade and blade housing and remove any debris that may be stuck to the blade or lodged in the blade housing. Once clean, perform a test cut. If the blade and housing are already free from debris or cleaning it did not help, proceed to step 3.
- Open the Manage Custom Materials page through the account menu and increase the pressure for your material setting by 2-4, then perform a test cut. You may need to increase the pressure settings 2-3 times by increments of 2-4 to see a change in the cut result.
- Attempt cutting a different material, such as printer paper, using the appropriate setting for that material. Do you experience the same result? If not, it may be an issue with the original material you are attempting to cut.
- Clear the cache and cookies in your browser and attempt another test cut. If the issue persists, try a different browser (preferably Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox).
- If the issue persists after steps 1-5 have been completed, please contact Member Care through one of the options below for further assistance.