There are several variables that may cause a machine to tear through material. Fortunately, this problem can usually be resolved with some basic troubleshooting steps. If your Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore machine is tearing or dragging through the material, check the following:
- Make sure that you have selected the correct material setting in Design Space or that the Smart Set Dial is on the correct setting.
- If you are using the Custom setting, ensure that the proper material is selected from the drop-down list.
- Verify the size and intricacy of the image. If you are cutting an image which is very intricate or small, try cutting a simpler or larger.
- If cutting a simple image resolves the issue, try cutting the more intricate image using the Custom setting for Cardstock - Intricate Cuts.
- If using a Cricut Explore Air 2 or Cricut Maker in Fast Mode, turn Fast Mode off and attempt your cut again.
- This may need to be done 2-3 times to change the cut result.