If the Cricut Design Space software shows that the machine is already in use while trying to use your Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker machine, please verify the following:
- Ensure that you have completed the New Machine Setup for your machine.
- Try to use Design Space in different browsers (preferably in Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox; if one does not resolve the issue, please also try the other).
- Try to another port and USB cable (any standard printer cable would work).
- Disconnect the Explore or Maker machine from the computer and turn it off.
- Once the machine is disconnected and off, please restart your computer. Reconnect the machine to the computer and wait a few moments, open Design Space and try again.
If this did not address the problem, please contact Member Care through one of the options below.