Use a Template to help you visualize your final project!
Note: Templates are not available in the Design Space App (iOS/Android) and Cricut Basics App at this time.
- Select the Templates tool in the Design panel to the left of the Canvas.
- You can scroll through the different templates, select a category to filter the templates, or use the search field to search for a specific type of template.
- When you select a template, it will be added to the Canvas screen. An alert will appear, stating that Templates are intended for reference only and will not be saved with your project.
Tip: Add a text box to your project containing information about the template you used, the type, size, and color, then save it with your project. This way you can quickly add the template to your design session as needed the next time you work with that project.
- The Canvas automatically zooms out so you can view the whole template, and the Template Edit bar will appear. Use the Type and Size options in the Template Edit bar to select a version of the template that is closest to the item you will be using. Some templates have a "Custom" option in the Size panel that will allow you to enter the size manually. Zoom in on the Canvas as needed to design with the template.
- To change the color of your template, select the template color swatch where it appears near the bottom of the Layers panel. A panel with color options will appear. You can either select one of the current project colors, a color from the Basic colors palette, enter the hex code for the color you want, or use the slider to select a color from the custom color picker. Your template on the Canvas will change to reflect your selection.
- To dismiss the template, select the template at the bottom of the Layers panel, then the Delete icon at the top of the Layers panel or tap the delete key on your keyboard.
What is the Blank Canvas layer in the Layers panel?
This item allows you to change the color of your Canvas:
- Select the color swatch next to "Blank Canvas." A panel with color options will appear. Select a color from the Basic colors palette, enter a hex code for the color you want, or use the sliders to select a color from the custom color picker. Your Canvas will change to reflect your selection.
- To remove the Canvas color, select Blank Canvas near the bottom of the Layers panel, then the Delete icon at the top of the Layers panel or tap the delete key on your keyboard. Your Canvas will default back to white.