If Design Space says "Please exit the running Cricut application" when installing/updating the Design Space plugin, follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue.
Step 1 - Check System Tray
- If the program is not running in the system tray, proceed to step 2.
- If the program is running in the system tray, click on the icon and select "Quit" (Mac) or "Exit" (Windows).
Step 2 - Check Task Manager or Activity Monitor
- To access the Task Manager, right-click on your Task Bar and select "Start Task Manager" or Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE and then select "Start Task Manager." The Task Manager window will appear.
- Select the Processes tab and scan the list for any CricutBridge.exe process. If it does appear in the list, select it by clicking on it once, and then click End Process in the lower right corner of the Task Manager Window, or right-click on it and select End Process.
- Click on the Finder icon in your dock. Click Applications on the sidebar of the Finder window. In this folder, double-click the "Utilities" folder. Double-click the Activity Monitor icon.
- Locate "Cricut Launcher" in the list of apps, click the arrow next to Cricut Launcher to expand it and find CricutBridge. Select CricutBridge by clicking on it once, and then click on the X in the upper left to force-quit the application.
Step 3 - Clear Browser Data
Click here for instructions on clearing your browser history, cache, and cookies.
When these steps are complete, restart your computer, and install the Design Space plugin again. Please contact us through one of the options below if you need additional help.