For cartridge-related firmware issues with the Expression 2, Gypsy, or Imagine machines (such as a machine not reading a recent cartridge release, or a machine that is not reading cartridges), a Forced Content Update may be needed to resolve the issue.
You can perform a Forced Content Update on your Cricut Imagine, Expression 2 or Gypsy by following the steps below.
- Download and install the latest Cricut Sync software.
- Connect the machine to the computer and open Cricut Sync.
- When given the option, select Don’t Update Now.
- Select the green Troubleshoot button, and answer the questions this way: Y, Y, Y.
- If you are not presented with a Troubleshoot button, click on "Help" in the upper left and select the troubleshooting option for your machine.
- The troubleshooting assistant should complete a Forced Content Update.