A hard reset may be necessary if you are experiencing problems with your Cricut machine. You can perform a hard reset on the Cricut Expression, Personal, Create, Cake and Cake Mini machines by following the steps below:
- Turn the machine on with NO cartridge loaded.
- Roll all of the gray dials down to their lowest setting.
- Grasp the blade assembly and use it to pull the entire carriage car along its track to the far left of the machine.
- Back where the carriage car usually sits there is a red button. Press that button and hold it down for about 3 seconds.
- Move the gray carriage car back into place.
- Roll all of the gray dials all the way up and all the way down three times - three times for each dial.
- Press the Cut button, then turn the machine off.
- Set the Speed, Pressure, and Size for the type of paper.
- Load a cartridge, turn the machine on, select a simple image and attempt a practice cut.