Edited: September 27, 2023
Cricut cutting machines and heat presses are registered automatically when you complete the New Machine Setup process.
Design Space / Cricut.com/Setup
New Machine Setup/registration for the following machines is accomplished through Design Space on a computer or compatible mobile device (where noted):
- Cricut Joy compact cutting machine
- Cricut Explore smart cutting machines (may also use Design Space app for mobile devices)
- Cricut Maker smart cutting machines (may also use Design Space app for mobile devices)
- Cricut Autopress
- Cricut Mug Press
- Cricut EasyPress 2*
Follow these steps:
- Navigate to cricut.com/setup on a Windows/Mac computer (or iOS or Android mobile device for cutting machines).
- Select the option(s) that apply to your specific machine.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to download or open Design Space.
- If prompted, select your specific machine again and proceed through the on-screen prompts to complete the setup.
Note: You can also access the New Machine Setup through the Design Space menu.
- When setup is complete, your machine is automatically registered to your account.
Cricut Heat app
New machine setup/registration for the following machines is accomplished through the Cricut Heat app on a compatible iOS or Android device:
- Cricut EasyPress 3
- Cricut Hat Press
Follow these steps:
- Plug in the press and power it on.
- Download the Cricut Heat app from the App store or Google Play store.
- Sign in with your Cricut ID or create a new account as needed.
- Select the option to set up a new press.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete setup.
- Once setup is complete, your machine is automatically registered to your account.
Important: *Cricut EasyPress 2 requires a micro-USB data cable to complete the registration (not included). One end of the cable has the USB Type-A connector, the other end has the USB Micro B connector, which is flatter, narrower, and slightly tapered. A compatible cable comes with many mobile devices, so you may already have one you can use.
Important: Be sure to keep your invoice or receipt for warranty purposes.
Note: Cricut Gypsy and Cricut Cartridges can no longer be registered. If you have previously registered a Gypsy or Cricut Cartridges, they will appear in your list of registered products. Link your cartridges to your Cricut account to use them in Design Space with a Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker.