Cricut Design Space gives you the ability to upload most .jpg, .bmp, .png, and .gif files for free, and converts them into pattern fills for your Print then Cut images. Follow the steps below to upload your patterns.
Note: At this time, patterns must be uploaded using Design Space on a desktop or laptop computer. Patterns cannot be uploaded or used in the Design Space App (iOS/Android).
- Sign in to Design Space and click Upload in the design panel to the left of the canvas.
- A window will open which prompts you to choose Upload Image or Upload Pattern. The latter allows you to work with file types including .jpg, .gif, .png, or .bmp. To begin, click the Upload Pattern button.
- Drag and drop your file into the files area, or click Browse to locate the pattern you want to use from your computer. The file selector will open. Select the .jpg, .gif, .png, or .bmp file you want to upload. Then click Open.
- Name your pattern and tag it (if desired) using the provided options for easier browsing. When you are done, click Save.
- You will return to the Upload screen with a blue alert indicating your pattern has uploaded successfully.
Tip: Your uploaded patterns can be found in the Layer Attributes panel under Patterns. You can browse by using the tags you saved to the pattern, or by selecting “Uploaded” under the pattern filter. This article can help you learn more: Using patterns in Design Space.