Cricut Design Space gives you the ability to upload most .jpg, .bmp, .png, and .gif files and converts them into pattern fills for your Print then Cut images. Follow the steps below to upload patterns.
Note: At this time, patterns must be uploaded using Design Space on a desktop or laptop computer. Patterns cannot be uploaded or used in the Design Space mobile apps (iOS/Android).
- Sign in to Design Space and click Upload in the design panel to the left of the Canvas.
- Upload Pattern allows you to work with file types including .jpg, .gif, .png, or .bmp. To begin, click Upload Pattern.
- Drag and drop your file into the upload window, or click Browse to locate the pattern on your computer. The file selector will open. Select the .jpg, .gif, .png, or .bmp file you want to upload and click Open.
- Name your pattern and tag with any available options for easier browsing. When you are done, click Upload.
- You will return to the Canvas with a blue alert indicating your pattern upload was successful.
Tip: Uploaded patterns are applied through the Operations swatch in the Edit bar. Select Print Then Cut > Standard. Then select the swatch and choose Pattern in the Print type drop down. Visit Using patterns in Design Space for more information.