My machine keeps turning off, and I have to turn it back on. Why?
This is the auto shutoff safety feature of Cricut EasyPress. After a period of inactivity, or no button pushes, the press will alert you, then shut off. This occurs after 10 minutes for original Cricut EasyPress, and after 13 minutes for Cricut EasyPress 2 and Cricut EasyPress 3.
The right side of my handle gets warm while the press is heating. Should I be concerned about this?
As Cricut EasyPress heats up, a component housed in the right side of the handle will cause the handle to get warm as well. Don't worry; it will get warm, but not hot. This does not constitute a defect in the device.
My Cricut EasyPress is plugged in, but it won't power on. What should I do?
Contact Member Care for assistance.
My Cricut EasyPress auto shutoff takes longer than expected. Why?
The auto shutoff countdown* starts after the last action was completed. If the last action was to change the temperature, the auto shutoff countdown begins once the new temperature setting has been reached.
Cricut EasyPress heats quickly but takes more time to cool. If you are cooling the device from a higher temperature, it may take several minutes to reach to the cooler temperature, and only after that set point has been reached will the auto shutoff period begin.
*Original Cricut EasyPress auto shutoff occurs after 10 minutes. Auto shutoff for Cricut EasyPress 2 and Cricut EasyPress 3 occurs after 13 minutes.
An error code has appeared on the screen of my Cricut EasyPress 2 or Cricut EasyPress 3. What do I do?
If Cricut EasyPress 2 or Cricut EasyPress 3 encounters an error, an error code will appear on the display (i.e. “E03”) and the machine will beep to signal that it is shutting off automatically. Follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Return Cricut EasyPress to the safety base.
- Unplug Cricut EasyPress from the power outlet.
- Wait two minutes.
- Plug the Cricut EasyPress back in and power it ON.
- If the error code continues to appear or the machine shuts off again before the usual auto-shutoff interval, contact Member Care for assistance.
My Cricut EasyPress 3 display just says “APP.” What do I do?
This means you need to activate your Cricut EasyPress 3. Activation is required and is accomplished through the Cricut Heat app on a compatible iOS or Android mobile device. Once you download the app, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation. When activation is complete, you can send settings to the press straight from the app, or you can use the press independently.
Note: Activation for Cricut EasyPress 3 is possible through the Cricut Heat mobile app, only. It cannot be completed on a computer.
My Cricut EasyPress 3 will not connect to the Cricut Heat app, or the app is not sending settings to the press. How do I resolve this?
- Verify that you’re using a Cricut EasyPress 3. Original Cricut EasyPress and Cricut EasyPress 2 are not able to communicate with the Cricut Heat app.
- Check your mobile device settings to ensure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Ensure Cricut EasyPress 3 is powered on.
- Ensure your mobile device is within 7 feet of Cricut EasyPress 3.
- Sign out of the Cricut Heat app. Then, sign back in.
- If that does not resolve the issue, force-close the app, sign out and back in, and try connecting again.
- If Cricut EasyPress 3 is still not communicating with the Cricut Heat app, contact Member Care for assistance.