What you need:
- Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore cutting machine
- StandardGrip Machine mat
- Cricut EasyPress 2 or Cricut EasyPress
- Cricut EasyPress Mat
- Infusible Ink Transfer Sheet
- Sample blank swatch
- Butcher paper
- Cardstock (80 lb.), White (colored cardstock not recommended)
- Lint roller
- Design Space software on mobile device or computer
Step 1: Cut
Note: Before handling Infusible Ink materials, be sure that your hands are dry and free of any oils or lotions.
1. Place Infusible Ink Transfer Sheet onto a StandardGrip mat, liner side down.
2. In Design Space, select and size your design to fit on sample swatch. Be sure to Mirror your design.
3. Select Browse all materials, then Infusible Ink Transfer Sheet. If using a Cricut Explore model, turn Smart Set Dial to Custom first.
4. Load mat and blade into machine, then press flashing Go button.
Step 2: Weed
1. Remove cut design from mat and trim away unused area of sheet.
2. Gently roll cut design so cut lines separate and are more visible. "Cracking the cut like this makes it easier to grasp and remove excess paper from in and around your design.
3. Use your fingers or tweezers to carefully remove negative pieces from in and around your design, leaving design on liner.
4. Trim clear liner so that it does not extend beyond Cricut EasyPress heat plate.
Step 3: Apply
Tip: Now is a good time to prep your Cricut EasyPress. For precise temp, time, and pressure setting for your project, always refer to the Cricut EasyPress Heat Transfer Guide. For this project, set Cricut EasyPress 2 to 385°F (195°C). For original Cricut EasyPress, set to 360°F (185°C).
1. Place a sheet of cardstock on top of your mat to protect the surface from unwanted transfer.
2. Place swatch blank on top of cardstock.
3. Do not skip this step: Use a fresh adhesive to lint-roll the entire surface of swatch blank. Even minuscule debris or fibers may create imperfections in the final transfer.
4. Cover swatch blank with butcher paper.
Important: Butcher paper must be larger than Cricut EasyPress heat plate.
Note: Butcher paper comes in each package of Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets.
5. Do not skip this step: Preheat application area to remove moisture and wrinkles that result in unwanted effects.
- For this sample project, set Cricut EasyPress 2 to 385°F (195°C) and preheat for 15 seconds. Set original Cricut EasyPress to 360°F (185°C) and preheat for 15 seconds.
- Use even, light pressure.
6. Remove butcher paper and let swatch cool.
7. Place cut design face down on swatch with clear liner on top.
8. Cover design with butcher paper larger than Cricut EasyPress heat plate.
9. To complete this sample project using Cricut EasyPress 2, press at 385°F (195°C) for 40 seconds. For original Cricut EasyPress, press at 360°F (185°C) for 120 seconds.
- Use even, light pressure.
Important: Do not slide press or move your hands during transfer. Keep the stack as still as possible while pressing.
10. When beep sounds, slowly lift press. Try not to move the stack, including butcher paper.
11. Let your project cool. Once cool, slowly remove butcher paper, then slowly remove the liner with design.
Tip: Never reuse butcher paper for another project.