What is this beta for?
With this plugin we are addressing the following issues:
- Prompt to download and install plugin every time the computer is restarted (because it is writing to an Admin location rather than to a local user location)
- Machine connection issues or machine stopping mid-cut
- Web lines in designs that have been Flattened for Print Then Cut
- Canvas performance improvements
Will I have access to all of my content in the beta site? Will things I purchase, upload, and save in the beta be available in the live site, too?
The answer is, "Yes!"
- Purchases that you make on the beta site will also be available in the live site (and vice versa).
- Projects that you create and save in the beta site will also be available in the live site (and vice versa).
- Your Cricut Access plan, the purchased content, and the linked cartridges will all be available in the beta site as well as in the live site.
- Your uploaded images will be available in the beta site as well as the live site, and anything you upload in the beta site will also be available in the live site.
Installing the beta plugin
Step 1: If you are experiencing the prompt to download and install the plugin each time you start your computer, restart your computer now.
If you are not experiencing this issue, proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Download and install the beta plugin.
- Open an internet browser and navigate to design-beta.cricut.com.
- When the page has fully loaded, sign in with your Cricut ID, or create one if you don't have one.
- Once signed in, select New Project. You will receive a prompt to download and install the Design Space beta plugin. Select Download. Watch for the screen to change as the plugin file is downloaded. This will be a little different with every browser. Google Chrome was used in the example below.
- When the file is completely downloaded, select the downloaded file or find it in your Downloads folder to Open or Run it.
- After a few moments, the Design Space Setup wizard will appear. Select Next to continue.
- When you receive a notice that the Setup wizard is ready to begin installing Cricut Design Space, select Next to begin the installation.
- The setup wizard will display the installation progress and notify you when the installation is complete. Select Finish to begin using the Design Space beta.
Can I go back to the live site if I want to?
If for any reason you would like to return to the live site, you can.
- Exit the plugin through the system tray on your taskbar.
- Open an Internet browser window and navigate to design.cricut.com.
- Download and install the live site plugin when prompted.
Note: When you update to the beta, your desktop icon will change to the beta icon. If you reinstall the live site plugin before the beta is over, the desktop icon will stop working; it will still say Cricut Design Space Beta, but it will not launch Design Space. However, you can still get back to Design Space by navigating to design.cricut.com or by launching it from the system tray in your taskbar. If you wish to have a desktop icon from the live site again, follow the steps just above.
Tell us what you think!
Your feedback is instrumental in helping us continue to improve Design Space. Use the Feedback tool in the Design Space menu to send us your feedback or to report any unusual performance issues and bugs. For more details about submitting feedback and bug reports, read this help article.