Cricut Joy Insert Cards are designed for use with ready-to-make projects and require Cricut Joy Card Mat (sold separately).
Cricut Joy Card Mat Mat is uniquely designed with a divider to protect the back of the folded Cricut Insert Card while cutting a design on the front.
What you need
- Cricut Joy smart cutting machine
- Design Space software on computer or mobile device
- Cricut Joy Blade and Housing
- Cricut Joy Insert Cards
- Cricut Joy Card Mat
- Cricut Joy Pens or Markers (optional)
- Select Insert Card design you want, then Make It.
- Choose On Card Mat. Then select Continue.
- Select Browse All Materials and choose Insert Card - Cardstock.
- Remove protective cover from mat.
- Open card. From the left, slide one side of the folded card under the plastic divider.
- Ensure card is aligned to the top left corner of mat. Push card up until it's flush with top, then align the inside fold of the card against plastic divider.
- Press the front of the card into the adhesive on mat.
- Insert mat into machine, arrow end first.
- When cut is complete, peel mat away from card.
- Tuck insert into corner notches in the card.
- To write or draw on the inside of your card, fold the card inside out and repeat the steps above. Be sure that your Draw design is properly oriented and positioned on the project preview screen.
- The cuts will leave impressions on your mat. This is normal.
- If material is not adhering well to mat, use a brayer to create a firm bond. Cricut Joy Card Mat will lose stickiness with use and will eventually need to be replaced.
- Cricut Insert Cards are compatible with all Cricut Joy Pens and Markers.
Note: Cricut Joy Insert Cards, Charmed Sampler and Cricut Joy Insert Cards, Silver Lining Sampler come with inserts that have a thin, protective layer on the back side to protect the inserts from any scratches. Remove the layer before using the inserts with your cards by peeling it away using a weeder.