Cricut Joy Insert Cards are designed for use with Cricut Joy Card Mat (sold separately).
Cricut Joy Card Mat Mat is uniquely designed with a divider to protect the back of the folded Cricut Insert Card while cutting a design on the front.
What you need
- Cricut Joy smart cutting machine
- Cricut Joy app, or Design Space software on computer or mobile device
- Cricut Joy Blade and Housing
- Cricut Joy Insert Cards*
- Cricut Joy Card Mat
- Cricut Joy Pens or Markers (optional)
*Available in three sizes: A6 – 4.5" x 6.25" (11.43 cm x 15.87 cm) | A2 – 4.25" x 5.5" (10.79 cm x 13.97 cm) | A1 – 3.5" x 4.9" (8.89 cm x 12.45 cm)
1. Select Insert Card design you want. To browse designs created for a specific card size, select the size from the category drop down. Once you've selected a design, use the Finished Size selector to choose your card size.
Note: In Design Space for Desktop, projects designed for multiple sizes will display a size badge with the number of available sizes. You can also select card size from links at the top and bottom of the page, and you will be required to select a Finished Size before proceeding. However, in Design Space for mobile, the Finished Size selector will default to 4.25" x 5.5" (10.8 cm x 14 cm). Be sure to select your preferred insert card size before selecting Make It.
Design Space for Desktop
Design Space for iOS
Design Space for Android
2. Select Make It.
3. Choose On Card Mat. Then select Continue.
4. Select Browse All Materials and choose Insert Card - Cardstock.
1. Create a custom Insert Card or select a ready-to-make Insert Card design you want. To browse ready-to-make designs created for a specific card size, use the filter in the upper right.
2. Select Start Designing or Start Making.
3. For customized cards, select your corner style, card orientation, and size. For ready-to-make cards, select card sizes from the list of supported sizes. Select Next to add images, shapes, and text (to custom designs), add messages to the inside of the card, and edit card and insert color as desired to visualize your finished project. Then select Next.
4. Material cut and load settings are automatically selected. Select Make It.
5. Remove protective cover from mat.
6. Open card. From the left, slide one side of the folded card under the plastic divider.
7. Ensure card is aligned to the top left corner of mat. Push card up until it's flush with top, then align the inside fold of the card against plastic divider.
8. Press the front of the card into the adhesive on mat.
9. Insert mat into machine, arrow end first.
10. When cut is complete, peel mat away from card.
11. Tuck insert into corner notches in the card.
- To write or draw on the inside of your card, fold the card inside out and repeat the steps above. Be sure that your Draw design is properly oriented and positioned on the project preview screen. When using the Cricut Joy app, a message may be added to the inside of the card during the design step for both ready-to-make and custom Insert Cards.
- The cuts will leave impressions on your mat. This is normal.
- If material is not adhering well to mat, use a brayer to create a firm bond. Cricut Joy Card Mat will lose stickiness with use and will eventually need to be replaced.
- Cricut Insert Cards are compatible with all Cricut Joy Pens and Markers.
Note: Cricut Joy Insert Cards, Charmed Sampler and Cricut Joy Insert Cards, Silver Lining Sampler come with inserts that have a thin, protective layer on the back side to protect the inserts from any scratches. Remove the layer before using the inserts with your cards by peeling it away using a weeder.