If you’re not using Smart Materials, you’ll need to use a machine mat. Machine cutting mats have an adhesive area with just the right grip to hold your material in place during cutting, then allow you to easily remove it when finished.
Note: For information on using Card Mat visit Card Mat 101.
- Place your material on the adhesive area of the mat, aligning it with the upper left corner.
- Select your mat Type in Design Space, then select Continue.
- Select your Cricut Joy machine from the Connect machine drop-down.
- Select the right setting for your material. Select Browse All Materials to search or browse through all compatible materials.
- When material is selected, the light on top of the machine will blink indicating it’s ready to load your mat.
- Using both hands, insert mat under guides. Continue feeding into machine until rollers grip mat.
- The machine will measure the mat to ensure it is the right size for your project.
- If your mat loads a little crookedly, it will try to realign mat as it measures.
- Select Go and watch the magic happen!
- When your cut is complete, select Unload in Design Space.