Edited: August 29, 2023
Breeze through DIY projects with this all-purpose blade. Compatible with Cricut Joy and Cricut Joy Xtra machines only.
- Recommended for use with many popular DIY materials and all Cricut Joy materials, including Smart Materials, Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets, Insert Cards, vinyl, iron-on, paper, cardstock, poster board, and much more
- For a full list of compatible materials, visit this article: Which materials can I cut with Cricut Joy machines?
- Cricut Joy Blade Housing is Silver and White
- Compatible with Cricut Joy Blade Housing only
- For use with Cricut Joy and Cricut Joy Xtra
How to replace Cricut Joy machine blade
Note: The steps are the same for Cricut Joy and Cricut Joy Xtra
Blades are manufactured for precision and durability but will dull with use and will eventually need to be replaced.
- Open Clamp and pull blade housing straight up to remove.
- Push button on top of blade housing and carefully remove blade.
- Remove clear protective cap from new blade.
- Insert blade into blade housing, thicker end first (do not insert cutting end into blade housing). A magnet will hold blade in place.
- Drop blade housing back into machine clamp.
- Once blade housing is flush with top of clamp, close it.