If you encounter the “Connect to Computer via Bluetooth” screen during the setup process for Cricut Maker 3 or Cricut Explore 3, this is because Design Space has detected an AMD Ryzen chip on your computer. There is a known issue with certain Windows AMD Ryzen chips that cause problems with USB connectivity. For these computers, we recommend using a Bluetooth connection for an optimal experience.
Note: If you're setting up a Cricut Maker 3 or Cricut Explore 3 machine using a Windows computer with an AMD Ryzen chip, we strongly recommend using a Bluetooth connection while using Design Space.
If you still want to use USB as your primary connection, we recommend using this USB hub with your computer:
• j5create 7-Port USB 3.0 Hub
- Ensure your Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker machine is powered on and within 10-15 feet of your computer. If you have a Cricut Explore or Cricut Explore One, ensure that your Wireless Bluetooth Adapter is inserted.
- Most computers are Bluetooth enabled. However, to determine whether your computer is Bluetooth enabled, right click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
- If Bluetooth is listed, your computer is Bluetooth enabled. If not, you will need to purchase a USB device called a Bluetooth Dongle to enable your computer to talk to other Bluetooth devices.
Note: We have learned that CSR (Cambridge Silicone Radio) Bluetooth Dongles do not work with Cricut machines. If you need a Bluetooth dongle for your computer, we suggest acquiring one that supports audio devices. We cannot guarantee that all dongles will pair with Cricut machines, but those that support audio devices are often able to pair successfully.
- Close Device Manager.
- Open the Start menu and select Settings.
- Open the Devices option.
- Ensure that Bluetooth is ON and click Add Bluetooth or other device.
- Select Bluetooth and wait for the computer to detect your Cricut machine. Select your machine from the list.
- If you're prompted to enter a PIN, type 0000. Then select Connect.
- Your Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore is now paired with your Windows computer!
Note: The steps and screenshots are applicable only for Windows 10. If you have a different Windows OS and need help, contact Member Care for assistance.