Use the control pod dials to adjust temperature and timer specific to your material and blank. You can set the temperature and time while you are getting your base material and design ready to press.
Adjusting the Temperature and Time
- Turn left dial to adjust temperature. One click will adjust the temperature in 5° increments.
- Turn right dial to adjust the timer. It will adjust in 1-second increments or, if turned quickly, 5-second increments.
Note: Once heat plate reaches set temperature, the temperature icon light will turn green.
Things to remember
- Always use Cricut Autopress at room temperature.
- Before using Cricut Autopress, ensure that fabrics and other base materials are completely dry.
- Always turn off and unplug Cricut Autopress when not in use.
Making a project
Begin by designing, cutting, and weeding your iron-on (HTV), Infusible Ink, or sublimation material.
- Preheat base material as instructed in our Heat Guide.
- Place your base material on the platen and center it. Then, put your design on top with shiny liner side up and arrange, so your design will be centered.
- Make sure to avoid seams when using Cricut Autopress. If the heat plate crosses over seams, the design will not receive even heat, resulting in an unwanted transfer effect.
- Your base material can be up to 2 in (5 cm) thick.
- Always use the Cricut Pressing Mat when pressing garments, with silicone side facing down. If pressing thicker materials, you may do so without the mat.
- Adjust heat settings and timer on the control pod by turning the dials. Use the Cricut Heat Guide to determine project settings.
- Slowly lower the top of the press, then press gently on the handle until you feel a click and the pressure motors engage.
- Cricut Autopress will adjust the pressure automatically. No need to set pressure settings.
- To disengage the press, lift the handle and it will open.
- When the timer reaches zero, a beep will sound, and the press will open automatically. One of the benefits with Cricut Autopress is that you don’t have to do a back press.
- Blank, transfer materials, and pressing mat will be hot! Allow project to cool before removing the liner and your finished project from platen.
- To turn off, press the power button on the right side of the machine next to the switch where you lock/unlock the machine.