When first turning on the machine, use the switch on the right side of the machine to unlock. If the switch shows unlocked and lifting the handle does not open the press, contact Member Care for assistance.
If Cricut Autopress does not open automatically after the press is complete, lift the handle to open. Remove your project from the press and follow the steps below.
- Lift handle to open press.
- Remove project from platen (it's fine if the mat remains).
- Set time on control pod to 10 seconds (no temp adjustment necessary).
- Lower the heat plate and press down the handle to re-engage the motors.
- Press should now open automatically when the timer reaches zero.
If the steps above do not help, do a hard power cycle by turning the machine off, unplug the power cord from the machine for at least 30 seconds. Plug back in and try steps 1-5 again. If the issue continues, contact Member Care for assistance.